Maybe you know this from your country, people in different areas have different ways of speaking their language. When you learn Thai speaking habits and listen to conversations you will listen to Bangkok Thai and learn how to speak like a native Thai living in Bangkok.
Just speaking Thai isn’t enoughAfter running the course for a year we had many people who were happy how well they could speak Thai but some had problems understanding native Thai speakers. To help them train their listening skills and have natural conversations with Thais we have added over 150 beginner, intermediate and advanced conversation lessons to the course.
Conversation LessonsConversation lessons come in two different flavours. Some are like interviews in which you hear a single native Thai speaker speaking and some are dialogue lessons in which two or more people talk to each other.
Learn to understand TV ThaiThai in news reports or documentaries is different from Thai spoken on the street. We want you to be able to get as much language input as possible from different sources. That’s why we have advanced news report lesson cycles in which you can learn this more formal way of speaking Thai.
- Intermediate conversation lesson (right click and save link / target as)
- Advanced news report lesson (right click and save link / target as)
Beginner Conversation Lesson Index:
More information about our lessons in our 1 year curriculum.
1. A couple talks about a girl.
2. A woman talks to a tailor about clothing that suits her kid.
3. A couple enjoys the sunset together.
4. A guy talks to his ex-girlfriend about the time they had.
5. A girl blames a kid because this kid threw away stuff of her ex-boyfriend.
6. A hit man who wants to stop his dirty work asks his mom to start a new life with him.
7. A nurse speaks to a guy who broke his leg.
8. Two teenagers who accidentally met make a plan for the evening.
9. A kid talks to a shop owner to reduce the price of some wood building blocks.
10. Two girls talk about their plans for Valentine’s day.
11. A woman talks to an older guy who owns a theater.
12. A man wants to get more information about a woman named Daao.
13. Three high school kids make plans for the future.
14. A woman asks a man about his girlfriend and his past.
15. A man really wants to convince a woman to have sex.
16. Two fat teenagers come up with excuses to order more food.
17. Two old friends meet each other after the one of them was some time abroad. 18. Two drunk guys talk about the wife of one of them.
19. A man and a woman eat out in a very fancy restaurant.
20. Two old friends talk about their lives and what they are currently up to.
21. A man and a woman talk in a restaurant.
22. Two girls talk about building school for kids of a hill tribe.
23. A company owner gives an instruction to a secretary.
24. A couple plan their wedding ceremony together with the hotel manager.
25. A couple in a photo studio talk with each other.
26. Kong and Pat have a chat while they are peeing next to each other.
27. Khun Pradit, a taxi driver talks about taking foreigners to massage parlours.
28. Khun Pradit talks about the strangest thing that ever happened to him.
29. Khun Pradit talks about the farthest place he has ever taken someone to.
30. Khun Pradit talks about finding a cell phone in his taxi.
31. Khun Winai, another taxi driver, talks about what he has done before.
32. Khun Winai talks about places he likes.
33. Khun Winai talks about going home to visit his family.
34. Khun Winai talks about being stuck in the traffic.
35. Khun Kowit talks about his daily routine.
36. Khun Niphon talks about how he got this job and what he thinks about it.
37. Khun Niphon talks about problems he had while he was working.
38. Khun Niphon explains the sort of problems he ran into while working as a security guard.
39. Kao talks to Nong O about the year 2009 and her plans for it.
40. Kao talks to Nong O what she did on New Year and they also talk a little bit about Chiang-rai.
41. Nong O talks about the traditional way of welcoming the New Year in northern Thailand.
42. Kao and Nong O continue talking about northern Thai New Year’s traditions.
43. Kao speaks about her family and the death of her father’s friend.
44. Khun Bank who is a photographer talks about what he is doing.
45. Khun Bank talks about photography.
46. Khun Bank talks about photo project he had.
47. Khun Bank talks about the problems he has with modern digital cameras.
48. Khun Bank talks about a place in northern Thailand he absolutely loves it.
49. A couple, Diaw and Top, talk about what they should cook for their dinner.
50. Khun Yo who is a teacher talks about how to be a good teacher in Thailand.
51. A couple, Diaw and Top, talk about where they should go this summer holiday.
52. Khun Yo talks about how to deal with her students.
53. Diaw and Top talk about the upcoming vacation on the beach.
54. Khun Prii-chaa talks about turtledoves.
55. Top talks about problems with seasickness.
Intermediate Conversation Lesson Index:
1. Khun Prii-chaa talks about raising birds, one of his favorite hobbies.
2. Diaw and Top make fun about Top’s overweight.
3. Khun Priichaa talks about the bird competition and their bird society.
4. Two girls, Wah and Bell, talk about their friends and where they plan to go during their summer holiday.
5. Khun Priichaa talks about how to make his bird tweet in a competition.
6. A couple, Paeng and Boy, talk about the transcript of their final exam.
7. Khun Sampan talks about how he became a street food vendor.
8. A couple, Paeng and Boy, talk about working as government officers.
9. Paeng asks khun Sampan about his chicken noodle business.
10. Paeng asks Boy about his plan to take over his uncle’s soapy massage business.
11. Khun Tui, who owns a dormitory for university students, talks about rules and regulations in his dormitory.
12. Paeng and Boy talk about Boy’s plan to open his soapy massage place.
13. Paeng asks Khun Sampan about his noodle recipe and how much money he makes every day.
14. Khun Tui talks about problems he is having with pets in his dormitory.
15. Khun Tui talks about how he takes care of his tenants and what he expects from them.
16. Pii laa asks her neighbor’s kids if they have done some cheeky stuff.
17. Khun Preaw talks about her first pregnancy.
18. Pii Laa asks her neighbor’s kids what kind of sport they do.
19. Khun Preaw talks about how she felt when she found out that she was pregnant.
20. Pii Laa and the kids talk to each other about their medals.
21. Khun Preaw talks about her worries during her pregnancy.
22. Pii laa talks to her neighbor’s kids if they play computer game sometimes.
23. Khun Preaw talks about how she plans to give birth to her baby.
24. Kaao talks about his younger brother, Kawt.
25. Khun Preaw talks about her plan to raise her baby.
26. Pii Laa and the kids talk about visiting relatives and the Rocket Festival.
27. Khun Sanchai, an engineer, talks about his work and his business.
28. Pii Bon explains how to make Som-tum.
29. Khun Sanchai continues to talk about his work.
30. Pii Bon continues to explain how to make Som-tum.
31. Khun Sanchai talks about how hard his work is.
32. Pii Bon explains why she uses tamarind juice in her Som-tum.
33. Uncle Paw talks about his hobby.
34. Uncle Paw talks about what he is doing now after his retirement.
35. Uncle Paw talks about talking about what he will do today.
36. Uncle Paw talks about talking about how he thinks about his hobby.
37. Nong Tik asks Pii Aud if he wants to buy a new house.
38. Paa Nid asks Nong Muay if her mom is at home. (Isaan dialect)
39. Pii Aud and Nong Tik continue talking about buying a new house.
40. Paa Nid asks Nong Muay what she did at the Khao-din zoo. (Isaan dialect)
41. Pii Aud asks Nong Tik whose phone number she is going to give to him.
42. Pii Aud recommends an interesting restaurant to Nong Tik.
43. Na Wan asks Nong O from where she is coming from. (Northern dialect)
44. Jit talks to Kawn about what she bought for him.
45. Na Wan suggests Nong O how she can prevent having a cold in winter. (Northern dialect)
46. Kawn talks to Jit about her car.
47. Khun Naowarat talks about his job. (Southern dialect)
48. Kawn and Jit evaluate some solutions for her car.
49. Khun Naowarat talks about the hotel he is working in. (Southern dialect)
50. Kawn and Jit finally have come to a decision about her car.
51. Nong Ann asks if she can see some pictures form Pii Ae.
52. Pii Ae complains about his camera.
53. Pii Ae and Nong Ann compare his pictures to his friend’s pictures.
54. Nong Ann asks Pii Ae about how Koh Samed has changed.
55. Khun Muay brought Khun Ooy some books from the library.
56. Khun Muay suggests Khun Ooy to extend the time for borrowing the books from the library.
57. Khun Ooy makes a decision on some books that she will borrow.
58. Khun Muay recommends Khun Ooy another book that she likes.